Thursday, September 22, 2011

Broken, But Beautiful!

We were shooting stills for a production company doing a cool new series for local tv yesterday when, horror of horrors, Betsy decided to pitch a fit and stop functioning. (I don't want to assume it's because Markie was in such close proximity to her for so long, but what else is there?)

At first I thought it was early onset retardation on my part, and that I may have accidentally flipped something or pressed something and caused her to get all PM-essy, but her autofocus stopped working and she refused to show me anything on the LCD, so after clicking and pushing, twisting and turning and even swapping out lenses and batteries, I laid her to rest in my camera bag and sent out an SOS email to Nikon, who, as luck would have it, serviced her 3 months ago, with the service warranty expiring last week. (I haven't gotten a response from them yet...)

Balls.

And she's so beautiful, with her little 50 f/1.4... :(

[caption id="attachment_364" align="aligncenter" width="584" caption="Broken, But Beautiful."][/caption]

I'm going to be seriously upset if I have to pay to get her fixed AGAIN, and even more upset if I'm forced to contemplate sell(sniff)ing her, since a few posts back we established that I'm a hoarder.

Which is not to say I won't get over it pretty quickly if Santa brings me a D3s for Christmas:)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Just to relate this to me. i had some equipment that stopped working within like a month of a warranty running out and Nikon still honored the warranty. i find them to be good folks there. Oh, but a D3s. OMG. Dreams upon dreams. :) Good luck and I hope you're back shooting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Katie's experience above, I think you'll be ok.
    Markie's going to serve you well in her absence.

    D3s would be great. I think Santa will take care of you, just remember he'll be checkin' his list of naughty and nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the light at the end of the tunnel Katie - love your blog - I'm now following:) And if I get that D3s I'm coming to NM to use it!

    As for Markie - once that 70-200 is attached to him he's in danger of being cameranapped...consider yourself warned:)
    *Going to build myself a chimney so SC doesn't have an excuse!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, get the D3 and come to NM! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!:)

Translate

Blog Archive