Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bucket List?

There are only 2 more days till the end of 2010 and webwide, people are talking about their resolutions for 2011.

I bust every single time I make one - without fail, every year - whatever it is - don't cuss, stop eating chocolates, don't eat right before going to bed, go to the gym EVERY DAY - inevitably, by the end of January I've done (or not, as the resolution may be) every single one of those things...

But, seeing all these well-intentioned individuals go through the motions yet again has inspired me. I am going to make a bucket bulletin (a list is Too Intimidating) of things I want to carve on the bedpost of my life in 2011.

My Bucket Bulletin:-

1. Go to Maui - I'm thinking Christmas 2011 for this one, to bring in 2012 there...failing that, talk my bro and his wife into going to Java with me - Volcano Expedition here I come...

(It doesn't HAVE to be Java -  anywhere 'exotic' would do, once I can take pretty pictures:)


2. Fix my roof. Technically, this is a cheat bulletin, and not quite buckety, since it's not a lifetime dream, but I've been singing that song since 2007, so...

3. Reduce my house to minimalist splendour. (Clearly my dreams and aspirations need work). I have too much crap and tend to attach sentimental value to A LOT of stuff...

4. Become a 'do it yourself-er'. And wash my car regularly.

I have to confess, just reading my bulletins is putting me off them, because I KNOW exactly how lazy I am. Sigh...maybe I should keep my list simple:

5. Stop paying attention to other peoples' resolutions and

6. Embrace my limitations!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Well for the last couple of years I've done well on the resolutions. Every year I have the same one....I resolve not to make any resolutions. I haven't broken it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! That's my new one for 2011 then - 'be like Wizzy!' :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!:)

Translate

Blog Archive